PRESS RELEASE FOR THE PROGRESS OF PROJECT ACTIONS “IRSCHEN” (Interdisciplinary Resilience through Science and Cultural Heritage Network)
The actions in the research project Erasmus+ KA2 "IRSCHEN" in which the Department of Regional Development of the Ionian University participates as a partner continue at an unabated pace. In particular, the 2nd Scientific Camp held from 8th-29th July 2022 at the Burgbichl citadel in the Irschen region of Austria, was accomplished with great success as the excavation revealed important new archaeological findings. Both the team of the Department of Archeology of Innsbruck University and the participating students from Greece, Italy and Slovenia contributed significantly to that. The Ionian University was represented by 2 students from the Departments of Environment and History respectively.
In turn, on 25th-27th October 2022, a Three-Day Working Meeting was held in Irschen, Austria, followed by Kobarid, Slovenia. The Ionian University was represented at this meeting by the Scientific Officer asst. Prof. Olga-Eleni Astara and the Deputy Scientific Officer asst. Professor Naum Mylonas. During the three-day action, the following took place:
- A field test was carried out - evaluation of the functionality of the educational game app developed by the company Mobile3D, a partner in the IRSCEHN project. The field test took place on October 25, 2022 at the Burgbichl citadel in the Irschen area and was attended by all representatives of the project partners
- On the same day, the 3rd Interim Progress Report of the project covering the months from April to September 2022 was discussed at length in a working meeting.
- An effort was made to transfer know-how and good practices from the development of the app and educational game to Tonovcov Grad (archaeological monument in Kobarid). In this context, representatives of the project partners made a visit on 26th October 2022 to the site to examine the opportunities presented.
- On the same day, in a working meeting held in Kobarid, Slovenia, the process of creating the e-learning module was discussed, which is one of the deliverables of the project and is expected to benefit the students at the universities participating as partners in the project. During the same meeting, the details for the next actions were arranged.
The next meetings in the framework of the IRSCHEN project concern:
- the Digital Training undertaken by the company Mobile3D in the city of Udine, Italy in February,
- the Multiplier Event and the Results Dissemination Conference that will take place in March in Corfu, which the Ionian University has undertaken to organize. This is also the last action that the Irschen project is called to implement.
The Irschen research project under the KA2 action under Erasmus+ is a collaboration between educational institutions and businesses as well as regional development bodies that identify a great opportunity to develop and improve their skills and services, in terms of new technological tools, digital competences in ICT and visualization techniques that open new ways of cooperation in terms of open and distance Education of Cultural Heritage, through the strategic alliance of partners from 4 countries.