The Department of Information Systems occupies two Computer Science employees, handling applications supporting the computerization of the services of the University, and support user-level employees of Governance of the University.
As part of the support the following tasks are carried out:
- mass data entry operations to best serve the needs of different departments
- operations of mass data export and processing for the utilization and exchange of data amongst various departments or external services (e.g. Eudoxos)
- corrections/ modulations of already existant printers as well as the creation of new ones, without the intervention of supplier companies, directly and without additional cost results
- operations of mass data correction in cases of difficulty or/ and inability of the employees of departments to cope with (eg, radical changes in study programs that affect all active students)
Electronic Management applications available in the Ionian University in support of its activities are:
- Electronic Protocol
- Financial Management IT System
- IT System for computerization of Academic Secretariats
- Payroll Computerisation
- Personnel Management Information System
- Library IT System
Apart from the applications available in the University, the department supports the use of and access to e-government applications of other services such as TAXISNET the Ministry of Finance, Social Security online services etc.
Additionally to these applications, the Department Information Systems supports the procurement department with responsibility for: a) the management of printers and fax supplies for the building of the Central Administration and the Ionian Academy, b) the award of maintenance and support contracts with supplier companies of the above applications, c) the preparation of technical specifications for the procurement of electronic equipment, d) the collection of financial offers for the supply of electronic equipment.
Furthermore the Department of Information Systems is responsible for user support of the Central Administration as a help-desk (Printer Setup, anti-virus software installation, e-mail account setting etc.)
tel. +0030 26610-87107
tel. +0030 26610-87119