Inspireurope Regional Outreach Workshop, SE Europe on March 31, 2022 will focus on further raising awareness and promoting collaboration in Eastern and South Europe with an emphasis on Balkan Universities and the ways they can support researchers at risk in their effort to continue their academic/professional career in a safe work environment in Academia Funding opportunities and opportunities to get involved in projects on support of researchers at risk will, also, be discussed.
The workshop will include sessions on:
- Academic Freedom: Core Academic Value and Pillar of Democracy
- Building a culture of welcome at South East European institutions
- Preparing the work environment in the academic and non-academic sectors
- Career development & cross-national circulation of researchers in Europe
- Researchers at Risk: Contributions to European academy
Registration is required here for both on-site and on-line attendance
Inspireurope is a 3-year project (September 2019-August 2022) funded by the European Commission. It is led by a consortium of ten European partners active in supporting researchers at risk and is coordinated by Maynooth University (host of Scholars at Risk Europe). During its 2.5 years of implementation so far, all partners have worked diligently on promoting cooperation across Europe in support of researchers at risk and on increasing opportunities for them in the academic and non-academic sector in Europe.